"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Regret

I said some things tonight that I regret. Hurtful things. If you know me, then you know that I am prone to "word-vomit" from time to time. And tonight, I really let it fly.

This is complicated. My emotions are swirling. I don't regret feeling the way I do, but I do regret making my feelings known. I pray I haven't done irreversible damage to an already fragile relationship.

Please pray for me.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

geez what did you say??

akaMommy said...

Hey Erin. Girl- I know how you feel. It happens to me so often, and at times, I become numb to my word vomit. First things first- YAY you for realizing that you're puke was totally out of line. It's always hard, especially after having to do it soooo often, but making an apology and asking that person for forgiveness is so important. Even if you think it'll do you 'no good', it's still part of a requirement we have, as Christians, to humble ourselves and admit our wrong doing. Love ya, chick!