"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, March 30, 2015

Pan-Glazed Chicken with Basil



Usually, for dinner, I eat something totally different than the rest of the family.  Not that they eat unhealthy food, but they do want/need things that I can't have.  Mainly, pasta and bread.  Even though I've switched to whole grain pasta, I don't like eating all those carbs so I'll have a salad or some broccoli and chicken instead.  

Tonight, I made a dish that used to make all the time but forgot about it.  I was cleaning out the kitchen cabinets the other day and came across my old trusty 5 Ingredients 15 Minutes cook book from weight watchers.  I thumbed through it and saw this recipe and had to make it.  It's so good, and the whole family loves it.

Pan-Glazed Chicken with Basil

You'll need:
4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
salt
pepper
olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons dried basil

Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.  Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.  Add chicken and cook on both sides until browned.  Stir in vinegar, honey, and basil and cook 1 minute.  


I cooked up some squash, zucchini, and onion with some olive oil in my wok and heated up some canned green beans.  I know... canned.  I usually try not to do the canned vegetables but I was in a hurry to get dinner cooked before running Jordan to conditioning practice.  I also made everyone else a slice of grilled cheese.  It was delicious.  Everyone thought so.  Well, except for Chris, who is working late.  

It's healthy, low calorie, and super-easy.  

I don't know why I ever stopped making it!

No comments: