"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fallish Things

It's November, so Fall has been around for awhile now, but since we live in Georgia the heat likes to stick around and it never seems like Fall until really late in October.  At least to me it doesn't.  

I remember one year, when Shaun was maybe 2 or 3 years old, it was 90 degrees on Halloween.  

Not this year, though.  The weather has cooled down and I love it!



Jordan's class has been studying China, and each kid had to make his or her own (flyable) kite as a project.  We left school early one day and drove out to a field to fly them.  Jordan's kite looked good, but wasn't a very good flyer.

  Most of the kids had the same problem, so there were plenty of store bought kites there for the kids to fly.  



The kids and I have been going to the park a lot lately.  Jordan and Shaun skip rocks and take pictures, and Violet just plays or runs around like crazy.  I know it sound sappy, but I know my days of going to the park with my kids are numbered and I'm just so glad that they still like to go.  Last time, the fickle Fall weather was so warm that I let them wade in the water.  I won the Cool Mom Award for that one.  Ha!




We missed Mule Camp Market due to our busy schedules, but we did make it to The Gold Rush after church one Sunday.  Mainly for the rides, of course. 







We walked Wilshire Trails the other day with hopes of seeing some Fall colors, but we were a little early.  Going to try to go back in the next few days.  

A certain little girl wimped out on the walk back and Shaun was nice enough to carry her. Violet kept rubbing his hair and saying, "It's softer than it looks".  




Another trip to Laurel Park, and we saw some orange leaves!





And of course, the annual  Pumpkin Carving Party with our friends the Cyphers.  One of our favorite things about Fall!




Violet wanted a Sofia the First pumpkin, so her daddy made it for her.








Fall Festival at Free Chapel.  Two nerds and a Bulldawg cheerleader.

I didn't dress up, but I ate a ton of candy, which resulted in this funny text.





Jordan's school had a Greek Festival...olympics events and a Greek feast.







The boys and I went to watch the Trojans stomp the War Eagles last Friday night.  





And Halloween.
Shaun went Trick-or-Treating for the last time.  We are sending the kids with him next year! Ha!  We met up with some friends and hit a subdivision.



And then our family went to dinner and the Haunted Hay Ride at Papa's Pizza.  

Have you heard of Jae Tracie?  I love her.  She's so funny and just real.  I came across this youtube video she did about Halloween and whether or not Christians should take part in it.  I loved it because this is almost exactly the way I feel about Halloween.  I'm not starting a debate, just throwing  my perspective out there.  



And finally, I took this picture on the way out of church this past Sunday.  Violet was in her galoshes and jumping in every puddle, so it took us forever to get to the car.  Lovely Fall!  I slowly strolled along and enjoyed the view.


No comments: