"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, July 17, 2015

Lights Out/Night Out

Last Friday I took the kids to the pool.  We got to the gym and the lights were out in half of the building.  ?!?!  I'm serious.  The common area and pool were in the dark but at least there are lots of windows in those rooms.  The Family Locker Room was pitch black.  Vi and I had to get changed by the flash light on my cellphone.  Kind of creepy, especially for Violet.  


Here are the kids, swimming in the "dark".  I don't understand how the overhead lights were off but the lights in the pool were fine?  


We ran into our friends the Willocks and all of our combined 11 kids took over the pool.  Thankfully it wasn't crowded until we got there.  Ha!


After some fun in the water the kids and I rushed  home because I had a Mom's Night Out to get to.  I was so excited, as it had been a looooonnnnnggg time since my last MNO.  My sister and I met our friend Gigi in town.  We wanted to try a "new" italian restaurant on the square because everyone we know has been talking about it for about a year now, saying  how delicious it was.  Our opinion?  Meh.  The good was not great.  The salad was a pitiful excuse... just iceberg lettuce and some chopped white onion drowned in oil and vinegar.  I had Eggplant Parmesan.  It was okay, but nothing to write home about.  The ambience, however, was amazing.  The three of us stayed there for hours, until closing, just talking and catching up.  Then we went to Gigi's van and sat in the parking deck and talked some more.  It was a good night.  We all agreed we shouldn't wait so long before we do it again.  

I was so refreshed when I came home that almost didn't notice Violet's poopy panties that someone left on the kitchen counter.  Almost. 

No comments: