"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, July 24, 2015

Lake Day

The boys love swimming in the lake and they've been hounding and hounding, so on Monday- we spent an afternoon there.  

I've never been a fan of the "lake life" that everyone here is into.  Personally, I think Lake Lanier is cursed with demonic activity. Why else do so many people drown there?  

Anyway.

We went during the day, to a beach area with the shallow part roped off and we made  Vi wear her life jacket the whole time.  Chris was with us, so I figured we'd be safe.  Plus, we didn't get drunk, which I realize is a huge contributor to drownings.  I was still paranoid, though!

It was actually kind of nice.  The kids had a blast.  Jordan  made a friend and, once said friend figured out that Violet was his sister asked, "Tell me the truth.  How bad is it, with her in the house?"  I overheard this question and laughed and laughed.  

We were all really tired at the end of the trip, and sunburned, too, despite sunscreen. I remembered why we've opted for indoor swimming all summer!




The only downside was that Jordan came down with Swimmer's Ear yesterday.  I'm trying to tell myself that it's just a coincidence and the fact that we were swimming in a lake has nothing to do with it.  Even though we've been swimming at least twice a week in the pool all summer long.  And we didn't swim any other day this week.  


?!?!?

No comments: