"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Day in Our Life

Well, it seems like everybody's doing "Day in the Life" posts this week, so I decided to jump on board.  

Here's what yesterday was like.

Yesterday was Tuesday. Co-op day.  Co-op ends next week, and I'm kind of happy about it.  Tuesdays are stressful because we have to be at church for classes around 12:00.  That's the goal, anyway.  We're always late because we live 30 minutes away and we have to eat lunch sometime.  I just can't seem to get it together most Tuesdays.  :(

I woke up late and didn't get to have my quiet time, which always is a bad start to the day. We usually do not do a lot of schooling at home on co-op days.  Just some reading and math.  We didn't even get that accomplished yesterday because Chris burned some boxes outside before he left for work, and of course the boys wanted to help.  For anyone who is concerned, they will make up the work they didn't do, probably over the weekend.  One of the perks of homeschooling. 

Yesterday we had to go in to co-op earlier than usual, at 11:30, to help set up.  We stopped at Burger King on the way.  The boys saw an advertisement of the "Rodeo Burger" in the window and had to try one because they have onion rings on them.  They're only a dollar, so why not?  Shaun loved his.  Jordan loved his, too, until he discovered that it came with bar-b-que sauce.  He put up a fuss but ate it anyway. 

 Everything was already done when we got to church, so the boys played on the playground and Violet had lunch with her Daddy. 

Co-op began.  Today was a little different because the middle and high schoolers had a special guest speakers and were not in opening announcements.  

Here are Jordan and Violet, listening to Mrs. Ryan give announcements.

As you can see, Violet did not make it to the end of announcements and we went on to her class early.  Violet's "class" is really the nursery.  Since she'll be two (!) when the new semester begins in September, we will be moving up to a new class.  Hard to believe.  Today though, we were in the nursery.  She played.  The moms talked.  And I got to hold this sweet little bundle.

  Little baby Joseph...so sweet I had to take a selfie.  He's almost enough to give someone baby fever.  

Shaun came into the nursery when his classes were over.  He was a big hit with Joseph's brother, Matthew.  

He's always so kind and patient with younger kids.  I'm so proud of him. 

At three o'clock, it was time for us to leave, but not before I received a gift from my Secret Sister. Pak Shack money and, more importantly, the MOST encouraging note. 

She's really not so secret anymore.  I figured out who she was a few weeks ago and confronted her.  Ha!  I'm fortunate to have her, as a friend and as my secret sis.  She's been so encouraging to me during this semester.   

  Then the kids and I picked up my niece Jaycee from her class and drove to Dahlonega for chorus rehearsal.  During rehearsal, Violet and I ran some errands.  We hit Cato, The Dollar Tree for science project supplies, and Wal-Mart for deodorant, lotion, a snack for the kids, and onion soup mix.  Violet insisted on taking her dog, who is also named Violet, in with us to every store.  


Things got kind of hairy then.  The Children's Chorus was supposed to be rehearsing an extra 30 minutes yesterday to make up for "snow days" but the kids in our family still had to leave early.  My sister had sent a text to the director explaining things, but when it was time for the kids to leave, the director had no idea what was going on.  Yikes!  As it turns out, the text didn't even get delivered to her phone until late last night.  

I picked up the kids and met my mom at work. We transferred the 4 kids into her car and then they left for my other niece's first softball game.  I left to meet Chris.  We had a class in Dawsonville, but had some time to kill first so we went out to dinner.  By ourselves! I can't really remember the last time that happened.  We went to Ruby Tuesday, which we used to love, years ago.  This time...not so much.  It really was just not good.  Great service.  Bland food.  But at least we were together!

After dinner we went to our class at the our chiropractor's office.  We've been taking Shaun and Violet to him for a few weeks and have decided to get the whole family involved.  The doctor offers a discount if you attend a wellness class, so we went and it really wasn't as bad as Chris thought it was going to be!  Ha ha!  

When the class was over, it was freezing!  We drove home in snow flurries.  We picked up the kids and came home.  Chris and the kids played around a little while I cleaned up that morning's breakfast dishes.  At 9:30, it was bedtime.  The boys watched movies but Violet fell right asleep.  I was finally able to read what I should have read in my Bible that morning while Chris got his music together for Wednesday night church, then I started watching the latest episode of "Resurrection" on Hulu.  I'm intrigued.  But, I couldn't concentrate so I switched to an old episode of Law and Order: SVU.  I fell asleep halfway through.

And that was our Tuesday. 

No comments: