"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, May 25, 2012

Baseball

Shaun played baseball for the first time this year.  We found a special needs team and he wanted to sign up.  He had such a good time and we all loved watching him. And he was really good!  He hit a home run the first time he was up at bat!  The Hubs and I were two extremely proud parents!  

I must admit something.  I was so nervous before he started.  I didn't know what we were getting ourselves into.  And honestly, the fact that he needed to be on a special needs team just seemed plain wrong.  I think I've mentioned before that most of the time I'm okay with everything and then sometimes... bam!  I'm right back at square one.  As soon as we met the other team members, I felt better. There were kids there like Shaun!  I think it was a comfort to all of us.  We weren't alone!  And Shaun felt like he fit in.  This was so important.  

Here are some pictures from this season.  We are already excited about basketball in the winter!






No comments: