"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, March 4, 2012

12 and 6

The boys celebrated their birthdays with friends yesterday. We reserved the game room at church. Everyone had a good time. There were two cakes...both ice cream cakes made by my mother. Shaun wanted butterscotch and Jordan chose chocolate. We also had pizza. I felt guilty because everything has been so crazy around here and it seemed as if their party was thrown together. Then a little later, during the birthday song, I looked around at all of our friends and family and almost cried. My boys are so loved. There are so many people who care about them.

I was able to relax after that little emotional revelation.

I'm so grateful for my mother. The party wouldn't have happened without her. She ran my errands, made the cakes, and set everything up. She and my sister also served all the guests and helped with the clean up. They are truly amazing.

Here are some pictures from the big day.





No comments: