"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, July 14, 2014

The 4th of July. 10 Days Later.

I'm so behind!

We had a pretty good Fourth of July.

Chris went in to work in the morning, but the rest of us slept in. We just lazed around the house all day until 3:00.  Then it was time to cook out at my parents'.  

We had a feast.  Ribs, chicken with special sauce, fried squash, baked beans, green beans from the garden, cake.  Oh, and I contributed some slaw.  Homemade, not store-bought!  I got in big trouble with my mom at a cookout last year.  I went to get cabbage for slaw at the last minute and Kroger was fresh out.  I showed up with store-bought slaw and got a tongue lashing.  

Anyway, the family had a nice afternoon together.  The kids played and the adults talked.  

Later on that night, we went to see some fireworks at a small church near our house.  We've been going there for a few years now.  They put on a pretty impressive display, it's free, and we don't have to fight traffic.  We met up with my sister and her family and a few more friends.  I was sitting in my camping chair, watching my kids run around in a field, playing football with friends while watching fireworks and thought, "at times like this, I really like living in the country."  I guess my friend Kelli is a mind reader, because she looked at me and said the same thing.  Ha ha!   We entertain the idea of moving to Gainesville sometimes, but other times, I like being far out in North Hall.  I didn't take many pictures.  I mostly just soaked everything in.  We did take one of Violet in her 4th of July attire

and this one, the one good shot I could muster of the fireworks with my iPhone.

After the show was over, we hugged our friends goodbye and five minutes later we were back home.  

It was a good day. 

No comments: