"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

WW

Well, here I am again.  Trying to lose weight.  Honestly, it's not even about how much I weigh (which is a whole lot).  It's about being healthy and feeling better.  I feel terrible.  Hot all the time.  Tired all the time.  I can't paint my own toenails.  I'm out of control with my eating.  Basically, the same thing I've been writing about since 2010.  

That's a long time.  

Too long.  My oldest son is 19 years old, and I've been fat his entire life.  

At the end of last year, I had some minor complications with my heart.  Basically, my cardiologist told me that the issue is entirely dependent on my blood pressure.  I need to keep it low, so I'm on two medications for it.  He also told me that I need to lose weight and suggested I try a variation of Keto, but minus all the high fat.  I have failed drastically.  Almost 6 months later, and I weigh the same, if not more.  

A few  months ago, I was feeling frantic and just desperate for a solution.  On a whim, I signed up for Weight Watchers...er, WW.  Did you know that Weight Watchers isn't Weight Watchers anymore?  They have rebranded themselves as WW. Wellness Wins.  The plan has changed a lot since I had first tried it almost 20 years ago.  It's clean eating.  Low carb if I limit fruit.  Pretty much spot on with what my cardiologist wants me to do, but I do have some flexibility.  So I signed myself up for 6 months on the online program.  For the past few months, I've paid Weight Watchers  WW $20 for absolutely nothing.  

No more.  I started today AGAIN, and I'm documenting it here in hopes that it will hold me accountable.  If I write it, I must do it, right?  Let's hope so.  

No comments: