"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Christmas "Break", So Far

We're on Christmas "Break" here at Smith Academy.  I used quotation marks because one of my students is actually still catching up on some assignments.  I won't name names, and this isn't really as bad as it seems.  We're just doing an assignment or two each day until we get caught up.  We're almost done.  Christmastime is always  busy for us, and we fell off of our school schedule during our church's Christmas production.  The production was beautiful, but I had forgotten how much work is put into it.  All of our shows and programs are over now, so we can relax a bit and just enjoy the rest of the season.  

Chris took some time off work this week.  We've been on "vacation time"....staying up way too late and sleeping in.  A few days ago, after we stayed up late and slept in, we  actually had a productive day.  We had to get a new fridge and a new washing machine.  We took a load of junk off to the landfill.  Chris fixed the bathtub in our room.  A lot of work, but we managed to get in some shopping and dinner together as a family.  

Last night, we went to see the Christmas lights in Dahlonega.  If you're local and haven't done this, you're missing out.  The square is all lit up and it's just magical.  At least Vi and I thought so.  Chris and the boys were less impressed than us.  We got home late, piled up on the couch and watched TV until 2 in the morning.  Because it's Christmas Break!  Chris had to work today, so he didn't get to sleep in, but everyone else in the house is still out.  It's only 9:32 am.  I got up with Chris and started some chicken and dumplings in the crock pot for our dinner.  

No, dumplings aren't Keto friendly.  That's another post.  

Also, yesterday, I did something stupid.  A few weeks ago, during the Big Snow, one of my windshield wipers broke.  I forgot about it, since it hasn't rained since.  Well, it rained yesterday and I honestly thought I was going to die.  I couldn't see a thing  in front of me.  My Prozac wasn't strong enough to handle that!  I had all the kids with me and I finally just pulled into the driveway of a big, fancy house and waited for Chris to come rescue me.  Lesson learned.  


No comments: