"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Fall Field Trips, 2016

The kids and I have been on several fun field trips lately.  

I took the younger two, along with two of their younger cousins, along on a field trip to Jaemor Farms with our homeschool co-op.  I started thinking back, and I think the last time we went on a Jaemor field trip was during our first year of homeschooling, seven years ago.  Wow!  Shaun was in third grade and Jordan was so little.  Now, Shaun is in 10th grade and opted to skip this field trip.  :(
The rest of us had fun, but I think Jordan was a little bored.  He was one of the older kids on the trip. 

Obligatory Jaemor Photo.


Trailer ride.




This was a worm from the compost pile.  Blech.



Pumpkins in the market.




Jaemor activities.





On the way home, we stopped at this old rocking chair.  I've wanted a picture on it since I can remember.  It used to be a landmark for a pumpkin farm, but the farm was closed down and the whole place was a little weird.  But, we got a picture on the huge chair.  Ha!



A few days later, we went on the best field trip ever.  The Crisson Gold Mine.  I'm not even being sarcastic, it was such fun!  Even Shaun approved.  We panned for gold and gems. Everyone found treasures to keep and we learned about the history of the Dahlonega Gold Rush.  Big thanks to my friend Joanne for setting it up.
















This last one is kind of weird, but it happened, so I'll write about it.  Violet is like a lot of kids her age and watches YouTube videos for every occasion.  Lately, she's into Halloween videos.  Kid-friendly, of course.  She's been walking around singing a song about a creepy graveyard.  Every time we would drive by a graveyard, she'd say "This one's not spooky.  I want to see a spooky graveyard".  And,  it just so happens that I knew of a spooky graveyard just a few minutes away from our house.  So we went there.  This graveyard is old and has the "slot and tab" graves.  We found graves from the 1700s.  I grew up visiting this church with my grandmother and it always fascinated me.  The boys had seen it before, but it was Violet's first time and she was fascinated, too.






  As we were walking down, a funeral literally popped up out of nowhere in the newer section of the cemetery, so we walked around the church and down this road to the newest section so we wouldn't disturb them. 


We found my great-grandmother's grave and kind of just hung around for awhile because we couldn't get back to our car without walking right past the funeral.  It was a peaceful place.  Weird, I know.  






No comments: