"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, June 22, 2015

Father's Day Swim

We spent yesterday, Father's Day, together as a family.  We took Chris to lunch at Loco's after church and then we came home and rested.  We took a card up to my dad, who just came home from a mission trip on Saturday.

Then the boys wanted to go swimming.  It was fifteen minutes til seven at this point, and the YMCA closes at seven on Sundays.  Then the boys started begging to go to the lake.  

The lake.  Lake Lanier.  

I'm so squirmish about the lake.  So many people drown in there every summer and I'm entertaining the idea that it's cursed.  But The Hubs swore it would be okay.  And it was Father's Day, so I agreed.

I  must admit that the kids had a great time.  We just drove to a little spot near our house and they got in and swam for about 30  minutes.  Even Violet, who I thought would be too afraid.







The funniest thing that happened was when a man rode by on his jet ski.  He looked a little similar to a man we go to church with and Jordan yelled out, "Hey Mr Steven, can I have a ride?"  

Well, it wasn't Mr Steven at all, but it was a very nice gentleman who I recognized as a substitute teacher from Shaun's public school days.  So I didn't freak out (too badly) when he took Jordan up on his question and gave him a ride.  And then  he did the same for Shaun and Vi.



It was a good end to the day and I'm glad we decided to go. 

No comments: