"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, September 26, 2014

Fail!

It's Friday!  It's been a long week.  Really, a long few weeks.  I'm tired!  I feel like I've been going and going and going with not much sleep.  

  When I think back to Monday, it seems like a year has passed!  

Several times this week, during the course of my parenting, I've actually laughed at myself and thought, "FAIL!".  Its good to laugh at yourself every once in awhile.

For example, this morning.  Friday is co-op mornings and our "earliest" morning.  We have to be at church for classes at 8:45.  I actually thought it was 8:30, but I found out today that I have a few extra minutes.  Ha!  Anyway, usually Chris is home with us on Friday mornings.  He helps me get everyone ready and we drive to church in separate cars because he has to work and the kids and I have class until lunch time.  Today, though, he wasn't home.  He went to an FCA meeting in Hamilton Mill.  He had to leave so early, I didn't even wake up when he left.  We had a hectic morning, the kids and I.  We did make it school on time, but on the way I had a "FAIL" moment.  I looked in the rear-view mirror at my baby girl.  Eating Cheeze-its out of a baggy for breakfast because I didn't have time for cereal and milk before we left the house. Her jeans covered with "Monster High" stickers that were left over from a Happy Meal dinner two nights ago.  I do feel the need to point out that the jeans were clean.  The stickers were just left in the car after my offspring consumed Happy Meals for dinner after church on Wednesday night.  Yes, I gave them McDonald's.  I avoid that place like the plague, but I gave in on Wednesday night because I just didn't have anymore fight left in me.  And, for the record, my kids are all still alive after consuming said McDonald's food.  

So.  Strike 1:  Cheeze-its for breakfast.  Strike 2:  Monster High skeleton covered Levi's en route to our Christian co-op.  And 3:  Evidence of my kids eating a meal that probably isn't even considered food in other parts of the world.  FAIL.

I did feel guilty for a minute, but then snapped out of it and just laughed.  Keep on keeping on is what I whispered to myself, and  that's what I'll do.  

Did I mention that I'm glad it's Friday?

There were many, many other FAILS this week. Like, forgetting to pack Vi's extra clothes, then not noticing her taking the lid off of her drink in the car until it was way, way too late.  This resulted in a shopping trip and me changing my 2 year old's clothes in the mall parking lot.  And of course someone from church walked by right when she was naked.  FAIL.

And losing a battle of "Who Will Have the Last Word" with Shaun.  Oh, sometimes I think I'm just not cut out to parent a teenager.  Ha!

And not getting out of the car at Jordan's school so that he could play with his friends on the playground after carpool because I had just come from the gym and felt frumpy, sweaty, and fat.  FAIL!

This post is turning into a huge whine-fest, which isn't what I intended.  What I wanted to get across to you is the fact that we all have days, weeks, or even seasons when we feel like  we're not bringing our A Game.  And that's okay.  We're human after all.  

Keep on keeping on!

And, I miss writing here.  Hopefully I'll get to it more often. 




No comments: