"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, May 20, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

My first Mother's Day as a mom of three.  It was a great day!  We had church, of course, and had to be there early so that the boys were ready for soundcheck.  Shaun ministered with Generation Praise for the last time today.  He's moving up to the middle and high school choir next week.  Bittersweet, but he's ready to move on.  

Before the kids sang today, this video was played.  I love it!  I think it captures Shaun's and Jordan's personalities so perfectly... Shaun trying to say the sweet, "correct" thing and Jordan just letting everything go!


After church we met my family for lunch.  My mom has had a busy day herself... she woke up early to make it to Free Chapel so that she could hear Shaun and Jordan sing.  It takes 30 minutes to drive to our church and she and dad only stayed about 20 minutes. They left as soon as the music was over to drive back to their own church so that they wouldn't miss the other grandkids singing.  And then they drove all the way back in to Gainesville so that we could have lunch together.  One thing that I love about my mom is that she hardly ever misses any even that her grandkids are involved in.  Sometimes this means driving to Cleveland to watch Shaun play baseball and then racing back to Gainesville to watch Jordan or one of my nieces play soccer.  My parents try their hardest to never miss anything the grandkids do. I am so very blessed.  

After lunch we came home and the boys rode the four wheeler for awhile while Violet and I just relaxed.  Chris did manage to talk us into going for a ride, though.  Ha!  We ended the day with an impromptu cookout, compliments of my dad.  We moms didn't lift a finger.  The men cooked and cleaned everything up.  So nice.  

With my babies on Mother's Day.

No comments: