"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, January 5, 2018

Keto, Morning of Day 5

Okay.  I have done really, really well this week.  I turned down birthday cake and Cheeze Its at church and everything.  I weighed in yesterday and my total weight loss was 5.8 pounds.  Yes, I still know that it's probably just water, but...my stomach seemed smaller and my jeans started falling off again.  They were a perfect fit after Christmas, so SOMETHING is happening.  Plus, I was feeling so much better, after only a few days.  No more stomach issues, more energy, etc.  

I was thrilled with my results and was so proud of myself. 

But, BUT.  There's always a but.

I was having a stressful morning with the kids yesterday and it was Thursday, which is grocery day, so we had to go out for lunch.  Our usual go-to is Papa's Pizza.  When I'm eating right, I just order the salad bar and it's enough.  But not yesterday.  I convinced myself that I deserved a slice of my favorite pizza, which is pineapple and banana pepper on pan crust.  I had 2 slices and a Diet Mountain Dew.  I went to the grocery store and bought Keto friendly, delicious food for my family, then went to work at 6:00.  I found those little cheese crisp things at Kroger, which I had for my snack at work, instead of the Cheeze It's that we gave the kids.  Then I came home, and was so frustrated.  The kids were crabby, it was SO cold outside, my husband had to work late.  I came home and had a cheese sandwich for dinner.  At 10:00 at night.  Then a bowl of Violet's "berry" flavored cereal with milk.  It's organic, but still full of sugar.  

I felt miserable last night.  Bloated.  Stomach cramps.  And so dehydrated!  It's just not worth it.  

The really frustrating thing is that I had plenty of the right food to choose from last night.  I wasn't even that hungry.  I should have had some cucumber slices with a little ranch dip and went to sleep.  

I had gained 3 pounds this morning.  I knew it before I even stepped on the scale.  I don't know why I sabotage myself this way.  I have mixed emotions about weighing myself so often.  On the one hand, it keeps me accountable.  On the other, I see every success and an excuse for a treat, and that's  not good. 


So, it's a new day.  It's 11:22 am.  I'm just now getting hungry, so I'm about to make a Greek salad for lunch.  I have buffalo chicken dip in the crock pot for dinner, which we will eat on a salad or with some celery.  I'm going to the movies with Jordan later, and I'll take my cheese crisp things to crunch on instead of popcorn.  And I probably will not weigh myself again until Monday.  


No comments: