"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Sunday, January 14, 2018

- 8.4 and Chicken Salad

That's right.  I've lost 8.4 pounds in about 2 weeks.  It will be 2 weeks tomorrow, and I weighed yesterday, so I'm going to go ahead and call it.  8.4!

I've cheated several times, but I've also eaten a lot of veggies and drank a ton of water.  Over all, a success.  I haven't had anything un-Keto since Monday, and I feel great.  I have found myself wanting sweets just a few times, and when I do, I have my gummy vitamins or a taste of peanut butter.  

I made a delicious chicken salad the other day.  I was trying to copy the Sassy Scottie from Chicken Salad Chick.  Mine wasn't nearly as good, but I didn't have all of the ingredients I needed.  Plus, my cooking skills are not that great.  

Here's what I did:

I cooked 4 chicken breasts in the Crock-Pot seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika.  When it was tender, I shredded it and added a little mayo, a little sour cream, a little ranch, red onion, celery and garlic.  I didn't have any sharp cheddar cheese or bacon.  :(

The result?  A pretty good chicken salad that we've been eating on for the past few days.  I paired it with green beans, celery, green peppers, whatever veggies I have nearby.    I'll probably try another recipe tomorrow.  I love chicken salad, tuna salad, Garden salad, Cobb salad.... I love salad.  

This week, I plan to experiment with cauliflower.  I want to try a loaded cauliflower mash and a cauliflower mac and cheese.  

Have a good week, everyone!


No comments: