"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Friday, December 15, 2017

Well, I didn't get back on track the next day.  In fact, I was way, WAY off track for a week.  And I felt awful, mentally and physically.  The bottom line is that, whether I'm losing weight or not, I really do feel better when I'm following Keto.  I was just going to wait until after Christmas to get back on the wagon.  This is what I do when I'm offtrack.  I reason with myself on why it's okay to remain off track.  Yesterday, I came to my senses.  I COULD wait until after Christmas and just feel miserable and bloated for another week and a half.  And then, my birthday is 5 days after Christmas.  And then there's New Years Eve.  Then Jordan's birthday.  And so on.  There's always something, some reason to wait.  I had some kind of internal intervention with myself and today I'm back on track.  I wasn't hungry until lunch, so I didn't eat until then.  I just finished a delicious salad with Romain lettuce, a little feta, a little bacon, and a little Ranch dressing.  It was delicious.  I'm also drinking my water again.   

In all reality, I probably will eat "real" Christmas food over Christmas, but at least I'll have a grip on myself as I head into that holiday.  Which, I don't think, has ever happened before.  For as long as I can remember, I've entered into Christmas stuffed full of food and miserable, anxiously waiting and dreading December 26th because that's when I'd start being healthy again.  Such a lame struggle.  I hate it.  

No comments: