"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Cheat and a new workout.

So, today was Cheat Day.  Just one Cheat Day, instead of 3 or 4.  Or 5!  Jordan had a football game in Rabun County this morning.  We had breakfast on the road, or course, and lunch, since the gave was over at lunch time.  We ate at Zaxby's.  I had the Boneless Wings n Things Meal.  So tasty, but that one meal has more calories than I need in a whole day.  And I felt sluggish and just gross after I ate.  This is new, too.  Usually on a Cheat Day I don't feel guilty or anything except joy to be eating something delicious.  Today, I was already planning for tomorrow while I was eating.  

I tried something new, workout wise today.  The Lord has put several people in my life who are fitness experts.  I think I've written about my friend Jenn before, who gets paid to exercise in videos.  She has been a great help to me.  Last week my friend Cindy, who is also a professional trainer, offered her services at our co-op.  She offered to conduct an exercise class after co-op.  She did it outside, so we would be able to keep our eyes on the kids at the playground while we worked out.  I was SO excited about this. I looked forward to it all week.  And then.  We were rushed and I forgot my clothes.  Aaauughgh!  I can't believe I did that.  I was so sad.  But Cindy gave me some homework.  I thought it would be easy.  3 rounds each of 20 squats, 10 pushups, 20 lunges, and 10 tricept...whatever its called when you sit backwards on the stairs or a chair and use your arms to push yourself up.  Oh, and planking.

I thought, since I've been working out and all, that this would be simple.  Ha ha!  I did this workout today with the kids outside, and my legs are wobbly!  My stomach is aching from the planking and my arms are burning!  I love it.  This workout isn't meant to take then place of anything I'm doing at the gym. It's in addition to what I'm doing.  It's not supposed to take long.  Just 20 minutes or so.  Something to do quickly at home.  

I'm so thankful that God has placed these "experts" in my life.  Just confirmation that I'm doing the right thing. 

No comments: