"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, January 1, 2018

Keto, Day 1

Happy New Year!

I spent the day with my family.  We slept late, watched a lot of football, and burned a lot of calories cheering for our Dawgs!  Seriously, what a game!

Foodwise, today was good.  Great, really.  I didn't cheat.  Didn't even want to.  I'm already feeling better.  

We slept until lunchtime, so that took care of breakfast.  

Lunch was a Keto-friendly chili.  Basically, I used my regular chili recipe and just left the beans out.  I thought it was pretty good, especially topped with cheese and sour cream.  Chris ate it and asked for seconds, so I guess he liked it, too.  I didn't even miss the tortilla chips that I usually cover my chili with.  

I had 2 slices of salami wrapped around a string cheese for snack. Actually, I had it twice.  

I was stressing about dinner, because we went to my mom's for New Years Dinner.  Peas and greens!  I wasn't worried about the collards, and I'm not overly impressed with black eyed peas, either.  My Granny's Mexican corn bread was cause for concern, though.  So were the mashed potatoes.  I didn't even have a taste of either one, so dinner was a success.   I didn't have dessert or sweet tea, either.  

Here's my plate.  I made some slaw to take, so Chris and I would have something else to fill our plates.  Ham, slaw, collards.  I did have seconds, but this food has practically zero carbs and I ate my veggies.  


We watched the Georgia game while we ate and got a little excited.  My brother-in-law Facebook Lived our antics.  I was absolutely mortified to be in this video.  I am so huge.  Plus, I was sitting down, and I know that's not ever a flattering angle, but good night!  

Looking forward.  Looking forward.  The past is in the past. 

No comments: