"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Reading again!

I love to read.  I used to read all the time, even as an adult.  For the past year or so, though, I've had trouble finding books that hold my interest.  I think it has something to do with my stress level.  At the end of a long day, my brain just has not been able to follow along with the plot of a novel.  This is so sad to me, and strange.  Reading used to be the way I "escaped" after a long day.  Not anymore.  Lately, I've been relying on Netflix and Xfinity Go to take me away.  

I did see some books that sparked my interest in Books-A-Million the other day.  I reserved them at the library and actually finished them instead of renewing them 3 times (which is the limit) and then returning them back to the library unread.  

But!  Over the past month I read not one, but two books.  I used to read a new book each week...maybe I'll get there again.  For now, though, here's what I've been reading:



The Haunting of Sunshine Girl:  Book One by Paige McKenzie. 


Ahhh, some YA horror fiction, with praise from R.L. Stine on the back cover. I think it was a YouTube series that might interesting to watch.

In my younger days, like middle school, this book would have been one scary read. Now, in my mid-thirties, it was mildly entertaining.  A good way to pass the time.  I think Violet will like it in about 7 years.  Ha!



Next was The Cellar by Natasha Preston. 

 When I came to pick up this book, the librarian said she read it for me first while she was waiting for me to come in.  Ha!  She liked it and thought I would, too.  She was right.  This was  more of a "grownup" book.  Really exciting and full of suspense, but a little upsetting, too.  I recommend it!


It's nice to be reading again, and I'm taking suggestions for some new material.    

   

No comments: