"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

First Day of School, 2016

So, I didn't blog all summer, and now school has started back for us.  

The boys, grades 10 and 5, were not thrilled but they pushed through anyway and yesterday was actually the best first day back we've ever had.  Maybe we finally know what we're doing.  Ha!
They didn't let me take any pictures.  I'm proud of them, anyway.  


Violet started school on Friday.  She would have started back in May, when her curriculum was delivered.  She's not 4 yet, but seems to be ready, so we're going on with Pre-K.
Here's a picture of her first day.  She loved it.  Girls are SO different from boys.  
Here's a picture from her first day.  It's not a Pinterest-worthy chalk board shot, but we started on a whim and I wasn't prepared.  Story of my life!


I really have been slacking with keeping up with this blog.  I need to do better.  I'm forgetting things, and I don't want that to happen.  This will probably be Jordan's last year at home, so I'm savoring these days and I want to soak up every minute. 

No comments: