"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Thursday, July 2, 2015

My Next-to-the-Littlest Baby Cousin Got Married!

My cousin Lindsey got married, almost a month ago.  As usual, I'm behind in recording these events, but what a beautiful wedding my little cousin had!  Lindsey is the next-to-the-youngest of our group of 7 cousins.  I'm the oldest.  She'll always be one of the babies in my eyes.  


The wedding was beautiful.  Violet and my nephew Micah were in the wedding as Flower Girl  and Ring Bearer.  These shots are courtesy of Dash Photography.




I still can't get over how beautiful Lindsey looked.  Just stunning.  Her groom, Chris, was handsome too!


I think I was more nervous about this wedding than I was about my own.  Because of Violet. Ha!  Lindsey asked her to be the flower girl a long time ago, so we had plenty of time to prepare.  And  Violet sure was excited.  She went around telling everyone it was her wedding for weeks before the event.  She loved her dress, she was excited to walk down the aisle...until the day of the wedding.  Or really, until right before it was her time to shine.

We were in the barn, in line behind the bridesmaids, and Violet just said that she wasn't going to do it.  She was whining, too.  I was sweating buckets and almost had a nervous breakdown. Oh, and my glasses were fogging up due to the sweat on my forehead.  I came down with pinkeye the day before the wedding, so I had to wear glasses.  The wedding coordinator lady kept telling me to put her down but I knew  better than that. I held her right up until the very last moment.  Then Micah, God bless his heart, said "Come on, Violet.  It's time to go".  He held out his hand and just like that, Vi hopped down, took his hand and everything was smooth as silk.  

I took this picture as they were walking away.  I haven't seen anything much sweeter.  





And this is all of  my cousins, from my mom's side.  Minus the bride, who was busy.  The quality isn't great,  but I love these girls and I miss them.  We don't see much of each other now that we're all grown up. 


Finally, I had to post this picture of mine and my sister's kids.  We can never get a good one with everyone looking at the camera and smiling.  The "reject" shots make for good laughs, though. 

No comments: