"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Our Christmas, mostly in pictures!

Okay, well, a few words first.  I have really enjoyed this Christmas.  This isn't always the case.  I'm usually depressed or worried about money.  This year, though, the Lord gave me the best gift of all.  Peace.  He really did, even though that sounds super-cheesy.  For the first time in my married life, I didn't stress out.  I enjoyed the season with joy in my heart that can only come from God.  He has really provided for us this year, but more importantly, He taught me to trust Him.  

Now, on to the "mostly pictures" part.

I haven't blogged enough this year, so this is probably going to be a mess, all of our Christmas festivities rolled into one.  But  here goes!

Jordan's Christmas program at school.  He's the angel on the right.  He did such a good job.  He is his mother's child, though, and proved as much by getting his robe stuck in the chair he was standing on.  He was embarrassed, but I think he made the play!


Kidpak Christmas Party at church.  This was a volunteer appreciation party that the Kidpak staff threw for us.  And we did feel appreciated.  The fellowship hall was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and everybody  had fun.  I didn't get many pictures because I ran around after Violet, but it was a great party.  

Here's a picture of Violet and her best friend Natalee at the party.  

The boys sat with their own friends and had a good time, too.

Chris had to stay at work after the party, so the boys and I did some errands and grocery shopped.  Then we came home and attempted to make a ginger bread house.  I knew, just knew, that I would mess up this house, but they didn't want to wait for their dad.  So we wound up with this. 

Ha ha ha!  Good memories and lots of laughs, though. 

This is a picture from  Christmas Sunday.  Chris picked out Violet's dress for her.  She was in a mood when we were shopping and didn't want to get a new dress at all.  I talked her into it by saying that Daddy thought she would look so pretty in this dress.  And she did! 


Christmas Eve's Eve didn't go as it normally did.  My sister and I didn't get to take our annual last-minute shopping trip because her mother-in-law passed away that day.  So sad. I did go shopping for her, because she needed help finishing up her list.  I took all of my kids and my oldest niece, Keri-lyn.  It was an experience... the weather was stormy and we couldn't find everything we needed.  We tried hard, though.  It could have been a lot worse.  I ran into several people that I hadn't seen in years.. my old Sunday School teacher from the days when we only had 1 kid, my old boss from Eckerd Express Photo.  We were looking for "Real Live Pet" birds and butterflies, some kind of horse, and some sort of "stuffable" unicorn toy.  We didn't find everything, even after trips to multiple Targets and Wal-Marts.  At the end of the day, the kids looked like this.
Ha ha!  It was a long day, but I think we made some fond memories.  

The next day was Christmas Eve.  The weather was still bad, but the boys and I ventured out to finish up our shopping (we STILL weren't finished!) and went to the candlelight service at church.  I look forward to this service every year and I wasn't disappointed.  I think it was the most beautiful one yet.  Jordan's height is perfect for sneaking shots of him when he's not looking.

After the service, we went straight to the Christmas gathering for my mom's side of the family.  Because of all of the circumstances, we had it at their church's fellowship hall.  

Random Christmas selfies...


And there was "portrait time":

My mom with her sisters and their husbands.

Cousins!  

The best one we could get with the cousins and our husbands.  

Then  my mom wanted a picture of her daughters and their husbands, and this happened. 

Why's it so hard to get one stinkin' picture?!?!


We did the usual Christmas stuff, too.  We ate, the kids opened presents and us "adults" played our annual round of White Elephant Christmas.

Some of the kids, patiently waiting until it was time to open.  Their faces!  Ha!  



And then it was time.  My boys' gifts had a distinct theme all Christmas long:  The Walking Dead for Shaun and football cards for Jordan. Violet's favorite gift from this gathering was an Ariel doll. 



I think my niece liked her new book!

We left when the festivities died down and put the kids to bed so we could put Violet's new kitchen together and finish wrapping.  We went to bed a little after midnight.  Jordan came bounding into our room at 1:00 and 1:38 am wanting to open presents.  And then, he and Shaun apparently stayed up all night.  Kids! 

The only picture presentable to post here is this one of Violet.  She's saying, "Oh my gosh!"  So adorable.  The rest of the kids chose to open presents in their boxer shorts.  

We also went to my parents' house for breakfast and gifts that morning.  Then we went to my Granny's for Christmas lunch.  Granny received a tablet and is now on Facebook.  This is my favorite Christmas memory, I think!

And a few more from  Christmas at Granny's:





 We went to visit with Chris' grandparents later on that night.  We ended our Christmas Day with some Chinese food.  Ha!  Jordan said he felt like we were in A Christmas Story.  

We came home in a food stupor and crashed.  It was a great Christmas!

No comments: