"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Awkward!

This post is actually from last Thursday.  I just now had time to finish it up.  

*****************


Yesterday was just an awkward day for me.  That's really the only word for it.  I felt so out of sorts and off balance all day, it was crazy.

First off yesterday morning, I woke up with one eye itchy and red.  An "allergy eye", if you will.  So, I put a few drops of Allergy Visine in just the red eye.  I've used those drops hundreds of times before, but never in just one eye.  I my eye felt better and I got ready for the day.  Chris led chapel at Jordan's new school that morning, so we all went to school together.  I waited around while we were waiting for chapel to start and Chris was getting ready.  I talked with some teachers, etc.  Chris got finished and came over to me.  He looked at me and did a double take, then said, "Woah.  What's wrong with our eye?"  He went on to tell me that one of my pupils was dilated.  Just one.  The one I put the drops in.  I asked if it was noticeable and he was like, "Um.  Yes."  So I went to the bathroom and sure enough, I looked like a freak! One pupil was HUGE and the other one was normal.  My eye felt fine, I just looked ridiculous.  I was sooooo embarrassed.  I don't even want to know what those teachers thought.  The eye was back to normal a little while later, but I don't think I'm going to use those drops anymore!

After chapel I went to Aldi.  Something strange happened there, too.  I just can't remember what it was!  And I came home without the 2 items I went in to get in the first place.  

When I was helping Shaun with his math, I kept telling him he was incorrect on one problem.  He was getting so frustrated and whining that he couldn't figure out what to do, and I was getting frustrated because I knew that HE knew how to do this math.  As it turned out, I was the one who was doing it wrong.  Augghgh!

We picked Jordan up from school and had an hour to kill before Shaun's therapy appointments so we went to McDonald's for ice cream.  I ran into the closed door on the way in. After we were inside, I sent the kids into the play ground area while I bought their cones.  I haven't eaten inside at a Mcdonalds in a really long time, and I kept trying to hand my card to the cashier for about 5 minutes before she finally made me realize that the card machine was right in front of me.  I finally brought the kids their ice-cream, got everyone settled, and then realized I had forgotten napkins.  So I sent Jordan to get some.  He came back and said, "I'm not going out there.  They look like drug dealers."  What?!?!?  How does he even know what a drug dealer looks like?  I went and got the napkins myself.  (And didn't see any drug deals going down.)

The kids finally started eating their ice cream and of course they started squabbling. And Violet sat her cone down near my elbow, so I sat my elbow in her ice-cream.  Then, she needed a diaper change.  I was packing up her things in the bathroom after we were finished and I looked up and she had taken all of the paper covers out of the changing station and was trying to flush them down the toilet.  

Do you see what I mean?  I was really struggling yesterday...everything took such an effort!

We made it to therapy and that actually went pretty well.  Violet entertained herself with her stickers and Jordan did his homework.  He also read a library book to me.  It was called Farty Marty.  Jordan loved it, but I don't think the elderly lady sitting next to us liked it all.  

After therapy, I went to the gym.  I got the kids all settled into their various areas, changed clothes, got on the treadmill and realized that I had forgotten my ear buds in the car.  Sigh.  I had also forgotten something else, something more important than ear buds.  After I showered and began to get dressed for church, I saw that I had also forgotten to pack clean undies.  

On the way to church we were all starving and I had some extra calories left for the day, so I stopped at Wendy's and got us something from the dollar menu.  Those Jr Cheeseburger Deluxes are soooo good. I took the first bite and squirted ketchup and mayonnaise all over my shirt.  

We made it to church and everything was running smoothly until a huge storm hit and we had to move all of the kids into the hallway.  One little guy thought they were going to play kickball.... poor guy!

It was still raining when church was over and Shaun was still over at North Campus with the youth, so I was in a hurry to get him.  I hurried Chris along so that he could help me walk to the car.  We f-i-n-a-l-l-y were on our way out, almost to the elevator, and I realized that I had left my purse on Chris' desk.  I guess I was too busy hurrying him along to remember my own things.  

When we got home, I just went to bed!  I was ready for the day to me over.  


No comments: