"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand."

Proverbs 19:21

Monday, April 14, 2014

Pictures

Every time I made a decision to blog more, it just doesn't happen.  Ha!  We've been so busy lately.  Not really anything special, just busy with life.  

Violet has been keeping busy volunteering at the info desk at church.  :)
She was really "helping me", of course.  

Speaking of Violet, we went Easter dress shopping with my mom.  And my sister.  And all but 1 of our kids.  What were we thinking?  I hate to shop, and I was forced to relive traumatic childhood memories of shopping for my own Easter dress.  Who made the rule that little girls need new dresses at Easter, anyway?
Violet found this one and fell in love with it.
It wasn't my favorite pick, but it was her favorite, so I didn't pick that battle.  I didn't pick this battle, either:


My sister did.  She just HAD to see what Vi looked like in her dress.  
It really was quite a trip.  The kids were kind of... wound up.

Co-op ended for the semester.  Shaun participated in a science fair.  Of course, I haven't lost my gift of procrastination.  We were working on his project at 10:00 the night before the fair.  We finished it, though!
I'm proud of him!

We went up to the 4-H camp in Dahlonega so Chris could lead worship with his 4th and 5th graders at their retreat.  He and the boys played before the campfire started.

Violet and I did this before the campfire started.
Over and over.  And over again.
We took a walk around the lake, too. 

We even ran into some ducks, who were NOT happy that we interrupted their nap.
You can't really tell, but he was giving me the evil eye.  

Oh, and I swallowed a fly or a gnat or some other kind of insect.  It was my first time. I hope it never happens again.  

Finally, the campfire started.  We worshiped together and had s'mores.


Jordan went to his friend Faith Renee's birthday party.  It was a "Frozen" party.  I've never seen the movie.  I admit it!  The party was so cute. Jordan won the snowman contest. 

Violet wanted nothing to do with the party until "cake" was announced.  Then she sat at the table pretty as a picture!  Ha!


The boys had their first chorus concert of the season.  Shaun is a seasoned performer, but this was Jordan's first time.  They were both great, of course.  The entire choir was...they worked so hard!

And lastly, we've been spending lots of time at the chiropractor's office.  We started taking Violet about a month ago, as a last resort for her ear infections.  Then Shaun started going.  Then the doctor offered a deal for the entire family to go.  Apparently our spines are all warped!  I was a little apprehensive, but I love it now.  Even Chris is going.  Jordan wasn't interested, but he had an ear infection last week and I decided to make him go ahead and get adjusted before we tried antibiotics.  He had his first adjustment today and can't wait to go back!  He's so funny.  He gets all nervous and anxious and works himself up.  Then the actual event is a piece of cake.  

We had to wait awhile for our appointment today and the kids found this "adjustable" teddy bear.  You "adjust" it and it's bones pop.  Ha ha!  I thought it was so cute and funny.  Violet knew just what to do to it!


Well.  That's some of what we've been doing lately.  I miss blogging.  Going to have to try to do better!
















No comments: